e-joist combines the latest engineered wood technology with LVL to create a floor joist that’s lightweight, straight and strong and available in lengths up 13.2m.
Manufactured from LVL and oriented strand board (OSB), e-joist has a similar strength as a solid LVL beam of the same size but uses much less wood, making it lighter and easier to handle.
Service holes can easily be cut through the 9.5mm OSB web with the assistance of the e-joist design guide.
The Wesbeam Design Centre offers a floor design and quote service for Wesbeam customers. We have the only 3D timber software with whole-of-house load tracing capability.
e-joist is available in a range of depths and flange widths as presented below.
NOTE: e‑joist sizes marked with an * are not available in all Australian States. Check with your local Wesbeam office or approved Wesbeam distributor for available stock sizes.
INSTALLATION & MAINTENANCE
General: How to handle and store your Wesbeam Laminated Veneer Lumber e-joists.
- Must only be stacked in the upright position to avoid any damage during storage or handling
- Only stack on level bearers (3.0m spacing max) providing a ground clearance of at least 150mm
- Do not stack e-joists on the flat
- Cover e-joist to keep dry while allowing for ventilation
- Avoid placing e-joist over areas susceptible to ponding.