The Warranty is limited to the original purchaser of the Hyne Timber Glulam and does not apply to any other person. To the extent permitted by law (including Australian Consumer Law) and subject to the terms of this document:
- Hyne Timber’s liability under the Warranty is limited, at its option, to Hyne Timber’s repair or replacement of the Hyne Timber Glulam the subject of the Warranty claim
- All conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities and other terms implied by statute, custom or the common law are excluded from the Warranty
- Hyne Timber will not be liable under the Warranty for any consequential or indirect loss, loss of profits or loss of opportunity incurred as a result of, or in connection with, any defect, damage or use of Hyne Timber Glulam
If Hyne Timber’s supply of Hyne Timber Glulam to the original purchaser is a supply of goods or services to a consumer within the meaning of the Australian Consumer Law, nothing contained in this document excludes, restricts or modifies the application of any provision, the exercise of any right or remedy, or the imposition of any liability under the Australian Consumer Law.
This Warranty is in addition to any other rights and remedies you may have under any applicable law.
If you are a ‘consumer’ under the Australian Consumer Law, then:
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law
- You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage
- You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
‘Australian Consumer Law’ means the Australian Consumer Law set out in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as amended or replaced from time to time.
The Warranty is governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.